A notification G.S.R 879 (E) issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) on 14 Dec 2022 has notified amendments in the rules governing Bharat (BH) series registration mark.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways introduced the BH series registration mark via G.S.R. 594(E). 594(E) dated August 26, 2021. Several representations have been received towards strengthening the BH series ecosystem over the course of the implementation of these rules.
The following are key features of proposed new rules by MoRTH that aim to improve and widen the scope of BH series implementation.
1. The transfer of ownership of the vehicles with the BH series registration mark to other persons, who are eligible or ineligible for BH series, has been facilitated.
2. To provide further ease of life to citizens, an amendment in rule 48 has been proposed to provide flexibility to submit applications for the BH series either at the place of residence or place of work.
3. The Working Certificate to be submitted by private sector employees has been further strengthened to prevent misuse.
4. Vehicles currently having regular registration mark can also be converted to BH series registration mark subject to payment of requisite tax, to facilitate persons who subsequently become eligible for BH series registration mark.
5. In addition to their official identity card, Government employees can now obtain BH series registration marks on the basis of their Service Certificates also.