You don’t have to buy a box of microwave popcorn with a lot of artificial flavors and weird chemicals to make popcorn. Just buy a bag of plain kernels or pick some up in the bulk section at the grocery store and follow these tips for making a perfect batch of tasty popcorn each time!
1. What is popcorn?
Popcorn is a variety of corn that pops when heated. The kernels are small and dry, and when heated, they expand and become fluffy.
Popcorn is a popular snack food, and it can be enjoyed plain or flavored. It is also a common ingredient in trail mix and other snacks.
Popcorn is a whole grain, and it is a good source of fiber. It is also low in calories and fat.
Popcorn can be made in a variety of ways, including stovetop, microwave, and air popper.
2. What Makes Popcorn Pop?
Popcorn is a type of corn that has a hard outer shell. This shell is actually made up of two parts, the hull, and the pericarp. The hull is the tough outermost layer, while the pericarp is the softer inner layer.
When popcorn is heated, the water inside the pericarp starts to expand. This expansion causes the pericarp to rupture, allowing the steam to escape. This steam is what causes the hull to pop off the kernel, resulting in the fluffy popcorn we know and love.
3. How to Pop Popcorn
Popcorn is a delicious and versatile snack that can be enjoyed in many different ways. One of the most popular ways to enjoy popcorn is to simply pop it in the microwave. Here are some tips on how to pop popcorn in the microwave perfectly every time!
1. Start with a clean microwave. Any debris or food particles left in the microwave can burn and ruin your popcorn.
2. Place a single layer of popcorn kernels in the bottom of a microwave-safe bowl or container.
3. Cover the bowl or container with a microwave-safe lid or plate.
4. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until the kernels have popped.
5. Remove the bowl or container from the microwave carefully, as it will be hot.
6. Enjoy your delicious popcorn!