Top Five Things to Do in Gardens by the Bay
The Gardens by the Bay is a wonderful place for a day out. It is home to modern sculptures and installations, a beautiful Botanic Garden, and even an IMAX theatre! There are many things you can do in this park besides just walking around and taking in all of its rich beauty. Here are five things that you should definitely check out while visiting.
- The Butterfly Show in the Gardens by the Bay. If you are a fan of butterflies, this is an amazing show for you to watch! It takes place in the Botanic Garden, and it is an incredible sight to see the various species that come for this show. You get up close and personal with butterflies and even learn about their life cycle as they flutter around.
- The Magic Hour Train Ride at Gardens by the Bay. This train ride is definitely a lot of fun to do, especially if you have kids. The train ride is completely enclosed and only shows the park from a different angle, so it’s not like you are in a regular train that circumnavigates the park. It’s quite an enjoyable experience to see the park in this way too.
- The Explore Bay Trail at Gardens by the Bay. This is another one of those trails that I really enjoyed doing when I was on my visit there with my family. It’s part of the trail that you walk around the park and about 2/3rd’s of it is underwater. You can see a lot of underwater creatures like jellyfish, cuttlefish, and other sea creatures as you walk along. It’s really cool to see all the different kinds of animals up close.
- The Cloud Forest at Gardens by the Bay. This is definitely one of my favorite parts of the park I would go back just for this. This is a part of the park that takes you on a tour through the rain forest. There are actually 3 different trails for this experience and I opted for the one that let’s you get really close to the trees and plants. You’ll also see a lot of animals like monkeys, birds, etc. It really makes you feel like you’re in the jungle but it’s all indoors!
- The Trek Adventure at Gardens by the Bay. This is a really cool exhibit that lets you see how the local people live and do their daily activities in the area. You get to explore a village and learn about what they eat and what they have to do everyday. This is a lot less like a zoo where most of the animals are kept behind glass and cages, but more like an authentic experience. There are also little kids areas for toddlers and preschoolers as well!
- The Butterfly Dome at Gardens by the Bay. I am not sure if it is still open but it was really cool. You get to walk through a walkway that looks like it is in the jungle and there are a lot of butterflies. There’s also a room with lots of plants and leaves that look super realistic.
Gardens by the Bay is a popular tourist attraction in Singapore. It is a botanical garden and conservatory. This means that you will find an abundance of flowers, plants, butterflies, and even insects here. You will also find interesting sculptures and artwork that makes for a fun day out for everyone.