Some ice cubes is all you need to address all your skincare woes—no fancy skincare products, no messy DIY masks.
No stone is left unturned when it comes to skincare in order to achieve a flawless face. However, sun exposure, air pollution, unhealthy eating habits, and stress can cause problems such as acne, fine lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores, dull skin, dark circles, and puffiness.
There are several benefits to applying ice to your face, and each of these benefits can help improve your skin.
1. It can make you glow instantly
Icing helps to constrict your blood vessels and soothe inflammation. The skin gains an instant glow from the visibly-reduced tiredness on your face, which improves blood flow and brightens your complexion.
2. It can soothe acne
Ice can help reduce acne by improving blood flow, shrinking pores, and curbing oil production.
3. It can reduce puffiness around the eyes
Ice applied to the face regularly can help reduce swelling by shrinking dilated blood vessels. Puffy under eyes can be eliminated by using this method.
4. It can increase product absorption
If you rub ice on your skin before applying skincare products, the products will be able to reach the deeper layers of skin and absorb better.
5. It can cure sunburns and rashes
If you’ve ever gotten a sunburn or a rash, you know how uncomfortable it can be. But did you know that ice cubes can actually help relieve the pain and itchiness?
Just apply a few ice cubes to the affected area for a few minutes at a time. The ice will help soothe the inflammation and make you feel better in no time.
So next time you find yourself with a sunburn or a rash, reach for the ice cubes!
How do you properly apply ice to your face?
– To soothe your skin, wrap a few ice cubes in a thin washcloth or handkerchief.
– To give your skin an extra dose of nutrients, you can also freeze ingredients such as tomato pulp, aloe vera juice, and cucumber juice in an ice tray.
– never apply ice to your skin more than once a day.
– Do not leave an ice pack or cube on your face for more than a minute.
– If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to not apply ice cubes directly to your face. A cold compress or a towel works better.
– If you feel any burning sensation or discomfort while applying ice, please stop the procedure and consult a doctor if necessary.