Whether you have curly hair, straight hair, or anything in between, maintaining a good hair care routine is an essential part of your beauty regimen. But with all the different tasks involved in this process – conditioning, styling, deep conditioning – it can be overwhelming and intimidating.
How to: Get Started
If you’re like most people, you may have a few go-to hair care products that you use time and time again. But what if you want to experiment with new styles or change up your look? Here’s a guide to help you get started with different hair care routines for different occasions.
For everyday use, start by washing your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner. For days when you want to wear your hair loose or want extra volume, use a lightweight oil or mousse to give your hair some hold. For special occasions, try using a more luxurious conditioner or deep treatment mask.
For colder weather, add some heat to your style by using a styling cream or gel before drying your hair. For warmer weather, opt for lighter styling products that won’t weigh down your locks. And finally, always finish off your look with a light hairspray for an extra bit of hold.
What Should You Do For What Type of Hair?
Different types of hair need different care. For example, curly hair needs more TLC than straight hair. If you have curly hair, here is a basic routine to follow:
-Shampoo your hair every day with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
-For oily or congested hair, use a clarifying shampoo once a week.
-For dry or frizzy hair, use a moisture rich conditioner every day.
-Avoid using hot tools on your hair and never blow dry your curls. Use a round brush to brush them instead.
-Apply a leave in conditioner before you go to bed and let it sit for 10 minutes.\n
-Take gentle heat tools like flat iron or curling wand to curl the ends if desired.\n\nPlease note that this is just a basic routine that can be customized to fit your specific needs!
Why Use Products?
Products can give you a myriad of benefits, from preserving your hairstyle to helping you keep your scalp healthy. Here are some reasons to use products:
-Preserving Your Hair Style: Hair products can help you preserve your hairstyle by locking in moisture and adding texture.
-Helping Keep Your Scalp Healthy: Products can help keep your scalp healthy by cleansing it and protecting it from the elements.
Which Products To Choose
When it comes to hair care, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of products that are perfect for different occasions and activities.
For everyday use, we recommend using a light weight conditioner and a styling spray. For days when you want to give your hair some extra oomph, try using a volumizing shampoo and a strengthening conditioner. If you’re going out on a date or attending an important meeting, try using a hair treatment that adds shine and volume.
Whatever your needs, we’ve got the perfect hair care products for you!
How to: Take Care Of Your Hair Every Day
If you’re looking for an easy and affordable hair care routine that will work for any occasion, this is it! This basic hair care routine will help keep your hair healthy and shiny all day long.
1) Wash your hair with warm water and a mild shampoo. Add a little conditioner if needed.
2) Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair. Rake through the knots with your fingers if necessary.
3) Towel dry your hair thoroughly. Don’t use heat on your locks – only use a cool, air-conditioned room as a final step to avoid damage.
4) Apply a light styling oil or serum to towel dried hair. Work it into the strands until fully absorbed.
5) Clip in a basic style and go!
How to: Make Your Hair Last Longer
If you’re looking to make your hair last longer, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. However, following a basic hair care routine can help keep your locks healthy and shining. Here are three specific tips to help keep your hair looking its best:
1) Give it some TLC: Make sure to give your hair the TLC it deserves. Avoid excessive heat styling, using harsh chemicals, and over-washing your hair. Instead, focus on conditioning and nourishing it with quality products. This will help to ensure that your hair is strong and shiny.
2) Keep it hydrated: One of the most important things you can do for your hair is to keep it hydrated. Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of water and fruits and vegetables, as well as drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drinking lots of water can also help to prevent dryness and breakage in your hair.
3) Keep it protected: Finally, protect your hair from the sun and other harsh elements with a good quality sunscreen and hat when needed.
What To Avoid
Anyone who has ever tried to create a hair care routine knows that it’s not always easy. There are so many options and products out there, it can be hard to decide what to do. That’s why we’re here to help! Here are some tips for creating the perfect hair care routine for different occasions.
If you want healthy, bouncy hair all year round, try our 3-step hair care routine for all seasons. In the summertime, you will need to keep your hair moisturized so it doesn’t dry out. Try using a light moisturizer or gel in place of shampoo. When the weather starts to cool down in the fall and winter, your hair will need a little more TLC. Add a leave-in conditioner before bed and use a light oil or balm on wet hair before bedding it down with a heavy coat of hairspray. Finally, in springtime, your hair will be thirsty and may require extra hydration. Use a lightweight conditioner every day and avoid using too much heat on your locks- that way you can still enjoy those lovely bouncy waves!
Things That Are Bad For Your Hair
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to how to care for your hair, but following a healthy hair care routine can help you avoid common mistakes and keep your locks looking their best. Here are five tips for keeping your hair healthy and shiny during the summer:
- Avoid heat styling: Hot weather is the perfect environment for breakage and frizz, so avoid using hot tools on your hair — especially if you have fine or thin strands. Instead, try using a flat iron and cool setting, or use a sea salt spray to add volume and hold.
- Moisturize regularly: Hydrating your hair is key to keeping it healthy and preventing it from becoming frizzy or dry. Try using lightweight oil or a serum before showering or applying to wet hair.
- Protect against damage: Sun exposure is the number one cause of hair loss, so be sure to wear a hat and sunscreen when out in the sun, and use a quality hair oil or conditioner to protect your locks from humidity and environmental damage.
- Take good care of your scalp: One of the most important things you can do for your hair is take good care of your scalp. If you’re having any problems with your hair, or it has been damaged by chemical treatments or bleach, visit a professional to have your scalp assessed and treated if necessary.
- Eat well: Eating the right thing can do wonders for your hair and keep it in good condition. Go easy on processed foods and avoid anything high in sodium; eat plenty of wholefoods rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Get regular haircuts: Regular haircuts help prevent split ends, which can lead to weakening and breakage.
- Take proper care of your hair: Don’t put a rubber band on your wet hair when you’re not wearing it, or use hot rollers and curlers without first washing and conditioning the hair properly. Make sure that you don’t wear hats or swim caps with tight-fitting fabric around your head – this can trap moisture inside the head and cause damage.