The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are urged to brace themselves for inclement weather conditions as a weather alert has been issued. From September 28th to 30th, heavy to very heavy rainfall is anticipated, coupled with squally winds gusting up to 55 Kmph. Rainfall measures are expected to range from 115.6 mm to 204.4 mm during this period.
Prioritize Safety and Preparedness
In light of the impending weather conditions, residents and authorities in Andaman and Nicobar are advised to stay prepared and exercise caution. Safety should be the top priority during such weather events.
Key Precautionary Measures:
- Stay Informed: Keep abreast of weather updates and advisories issued by local authorities and meteorological departments.
- Secure Outdoor Items: Ensure that loose objects, such as outdoor furniture and equipment, are properly secured or brought indoors to prevent damage.
- Travel Caution: Avoid unnecessary travel during the period of adverse weather conditions. If travel is essential, exercise extreme caution on the roads.
- Emergency Supplies: Have essential emergency supplies on hand, including non-perishable food items, bottled water, flashlights, and batteries.
- Communication: Ensure that communication devices such as mobile phones are fully charged and ready for use in case of emergencies.
- Stay Indoors: When heavy rainfall and squally winds are prevalent, it is safest to stay indoors and avoid venturing out unnecessarily.
- Follow Official Guidance: Adhere to any official instructions or evacuation orders issued by local authorities.
Stay Safe and Informed
As the weather alert remains in effect, it is crucial for residents of Andaman and Nicobar to stay safe, vigilant, and well-prepared. Timely precautions can help mitigate risks and ensure the well-being of individuals and communities during adverse weather events.