As we grow up, many of us are exposed to some amazing people – people who seem to know everything they do. With most of these people being alive in the 1800s, it seems that now is not the time to stop admiring them! But with technology advancing, many of these people’s quotes of wisdom might be lost forever. Thankfully, this article has compiled a list of 16 quotes from personalities that you may have heard about already as well as a few others that you may not have known
16 Quotes of Great Personalities
- “Great men are almost always bad men.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” -St. Augustine
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When I think of the future, I see humanity reaching its fullest potential.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The secret of a happy marriage is to give the other person only exactly as much as they need.” -Groucho Marx
- “Charity begins at home, not among strangers.” -David Brin
- “To be happy with yourself you must be able to love yourself. If you can’t do that, you will never be able to love anyone else.” -Elbert Hubbard
- “It’s tough it up, tough it down. I hope I’ll always remember this, and act accordingly no matter what.” -Linda Connor
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” -African Proverb
- “You get what you give. Negativity will return to you ten times over.” -Joe Vitale
- “There’s a Taoist saying: I don’t care if the mountain is high or low, as long as I can see it from my window I am content.” -Annie Dillard
- “There are two ways to live your life . One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” -Albert Einstein
- “I’ve made mistakes in my life, but you learn from them and you make it right. As far as I’m concerned, nothing bad has ever happened to me. It’s all good.” -Chris Evans
- “The only way you become truly great at anything that you do for the rest of your life is to continue to practice it until it becomes second nature” -Gregory Scott
- “Trying to achieve something is one of the few ways we can truly improve our lives, and at the same time, broaden our horizons.” -Bill Gates
- “I have made a large number of mistakes but I’ve never made a bigger mistake in my life than choosing you.” -Shirley Maclaine
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead
Why are some people great leaders?
There are many reasons why some people are great leaders. They don’t act on the emotions of others, they’re always punctual, and they have a sense of humor that everyone understands. Yet another trait for being such an amazing leader is being humble. This means you do not speak about your accomplishments or skills often.
How can you become a great leader?
There are many qualities that make up a great leader, but generally they all include charisma and an ability to inspire others. This is not an easy task, but there are some quotes that can help you in your journey of becoming a great leader.
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” ― Winston Churchill
- “I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou
- “It is not the responsibility of leaders to run the world, but their responsibility to create a better one.” ― Dwight D Eisenhower
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The chief cause of failure in both business and in life is the illusion that we have control over things which are beyond our control.” ― W Orlean Wallace
- “Free yourself from all forms of bondage that keep you from expanding your mind, growing your character, and following your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “We should not take ourselves too seriously, but we should take ourselves seriously enough to know that it is not a good idea to make decisions based on the opinions of others.” ― Margaret Thatcher
- “In any field of human endeavor, the most important quality for success is not intelligence or even talent, but rather persistence and hard work. The person who succeeds in spite of profound handicaps will do so because he has an absolutely burning desire to succeed and unselfish determination that he will reach his goal no matter what it takes .” ― Sam Walton
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” ― Peter F. Drucker
- “The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.” ― Chinese Proverb
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” ― Margaret Thatcher
- “The greatest source of unhappiness in our lives comes from our failure to acknowledge the truth about ourselves.” ― Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi