Today on the 12th of December cricket All-rounder Yuvraj Singh Akka Yuvi turns 41. Here are some facts about him that you may not know.
– Yograj Singh, a former Indian cricketer, and Shabnam Singh gave birth to Singh in a Punjabi Sikh family. Yuvraj was quite good at tennis and roller skating during his childhood, which were his favorite sports.
– All formats of the game are played by Yuvraj Singh, a former Indian international cricketer. He bats left-handed in the middle order and bowls slow left-arm orthodox, making him an all-rounder.
– He is tied for third with former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly for the most Player of the Series awards in ODI cricket with seven. He is the son of Yograj Singh, a former Indian fast bowler and Punjabi actor.
– Yuvraj attended DAV Public School in Chandigarh. He graduated with a degree in commerce from DAV College, Panjab University, Chandigarh. He also had two short roles as a child star in Mehndi Sagna Di and Putt Sardara.
– In 2015, Yuvraj got engaged to Hazel Keech and married her on 30 November 2016. He purchased a luxury penthouse in Chattarpur, South Delhi in February 2021. The couple will have their first child, a boy, in January 2022.
Yuvraj Singh Akka Yuvi’s unique Achievements:-
– Yuvraj played his first Test match in October 2003 and was a member of the Indian cricket team in One Day Internationals (ODIs) between 2000 and 2017.
– The Government of India conferred the Arjuna Award, India’s second-highest sporting award, on Yuvraj in 2012. He was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honor, in 2014.
– Yuvraj was sold to the Royal Challengers Bangalore at the 2014 IPL auction for an all-time high price of ₹14 crores. In 2015, he was sold to the Delhi Daredevils for ₹16 crores, making him the second most expensive player ever to be sold in the IPL until Chris Morris was sold to the Rajasthan Royals for a notable record ₹16.25 crore in Feb 2021.
– He was honored with the FICCI Most Inspiring Sportsperson of the Year Award in February 2014.
Some notable Career Achievements:-
– The 1995–96 season saw 13-year-old Yuvraj Singh make his debut for the Punjab Under-16s squad against Jammu and Kashmir-16s.
– The following year he was promoted to the Punjab Under-19s, where he scored an impressive 137 not out against Himachal Pradesh Under-19s.
– After being dismissed for a duck while opening the innings in his first-class debut against Orissa during the 1997-98 Ranji Trophy, Yuvraj went on to have a successful career.
– He had his first break-out performance in the Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy Final of 1999 against Bihar at Jamshedpur.
– Yuvraj’s all-around performance in the 2000 Under-19 Cricket World Cup, which India won under the captaincy of Mohammad Kaif, earned him the Player of the Tournament award and a call-up to the national squad.