Dhananjaya de Silva is a Sri Lankan cricketer who made his One Day International (ODI) debut in 2014. He is a hard-hitting batsman and a part-time off-spinner.
1. Dhananjaya de Silva: A brief biography
Dhananjaya de Silva was born on September 6, 1991, in Colombo, Sri Lanka. He is a left-handed batsman and a slow left-arm orthodox bowler.
De Silva made his first-class debut for Colombo Cricket Club in November 2010. He made his Twenty20 debut for Sri Lanka Young Cricketers in December 2010.
De Silva was selected in Sri Lanka’s squad for the 2016 ICC World Twenty20. He made his Twenty20 International debut against India on March 18, 2016.
De Silva made his One Day International debut against Zimbabwe on July 9, 2016. He made his Test debut against Australia on August 3, 2016.
2. Dhananjaya de Silva: The family man
Dhananjaya de Silva is a family man. He is married to his childhood sweetheart and they have two young children. He loves spending time with his family and takes great pride in being a good husband and father. Dhananjaya is a simple man who enjoys the simple things in life. He loves spending time outdoors, playing cricket and spending time with his family. Despite his success as a cricketer, Dhananjaya’s family is always his number one priority.
3. Dhananjaya de Silva: Domestic Career highlights
Dhananjaya de Silva is a Sri Lankan cricketer who has played for the national side in all three formats of the game. A top-order batsman, he made his debut in One Day Internationals (ODIs) in 2014, and his Test debut the following year. A regular in the ODI team, he has also been a part of the Sri Lanka squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup twice, in 2015 and 2019.
De Silva has been one of the most consistent batsmen in Sri Lankan domestic cricket, scoring heavily in both the List A and first-class formats. He was the leading run-scorer in the 2017–18 Premier League Tournament, and was also the first Sri Lankan batsman to score a double century in first-class cricket, when he made 214 not out for Colombo Cricket Club against Badureliya Sports Club in 2018.
De Silva’s performances in domestic cricket led to him being called up to the national side for the 2014 Asia Cup. He made his ODI debut against Pakistan, scoring a century in the process. He was also part of the Sri Lankan squad for the 2014 ICC World Twenty20, but did not play a match. De Silva made his Test debut in 2015 against India, and scored his maiden century in the format in the following match. He was also part of Sri Lanka’s squad for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
In June 2019, he was named in Sri Lanka’s squad for the 2019 ICC World Test Championship.
4. Dhananjaya de Silva: ICC International Career highlights
Dhananjaya de Silva has played international cricket for Sri Lanka since making his One Day International debut in January 2016. He made his Test debut in August of that year.
Dhananjaya has had some impressive performances in international cricket, including scoring a century in his first Test innings.
Some of Dhananjaya’s highlights from his ICC international career include:
– Scoring a century in his first Test innings, against Bangladesh in August 2016
– Making a match-winning century against India in the final of the 2017 Asia Cup
– Winning the man of the match award in the final of the 2018 Nidahas Trophy, scoring 82 not out off just 48 balls
Dhananjaya de Silva is a talented cricketer and looks set to have a successful international career.
5. Dhananjaya de Silva: IPL Career highlights
Dhananjaya de Silva’s IPL career highlights in bullet points:
– In his debut IPL season in 2018, Dhananjaya de Silva played for the Mumbai Indians and scored 194 runs in 9 matches at an average of 21.33 and a strike rate of 125.77.
– He was then signed by the Sunrisers Hyderabad for the 2019 IPL season.
– In his first match for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, he scored an unbeaten 60 off just 36 balls, helping his team to a win over the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
– Dhananjaya de Silva was the Player of the Match in the Sunrisers Hyderabad’s win over the Chennai Super Kings in the 2019 IPL final. He scored a quickfire 36 off just 18 balls in that match, helping his team to a narrow victory.
6. Dhananjaya de Silva: Achievements
Dhananjaya de Silva is one of the most successful batsmen in the world. He has a batting average of over 50 in Test cricket, and has scored centuries against all the other Test-playing nations. His most notable innings include a match-winning century against Australia in Australia, and a 219 against England at Lord’s.
De Silva is also a very effective bowler, and has taken over 100 wickets in Test cricket. He is the only player in the world to score a century and take a five-wicket haul in the same Test match.
Dhananjaya de Silva is a true all-rounder, and is one of the most important members of the Sri Lankan team.
7. Dhananjaya de Silva: The philanthropist
De Silva soon became successful, and he decided to use his wealth to help others. He founded the Dhananjaya de Silva Foundation, which provides financial assistance to Sri Lankan students who want to pursue higher education. The foundation also supports other charitable organizations, such as a hospice for terminally ill patients. De Silva is a generous man who cares about others, and he is an inspiration to all who know him.