Matthew Wade is an Australian cricketer who made his debut for the national side in 2012. A wicket-keeper and batsman, Wade has been a regular in the Australian team since his debut, and has also played for the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League.
1. Matthew Wade: A brief biography
Matthew Wade was born on 17th January 1988, in Hobart, Tasmania. He is a professional cricketer who represents Australia and Tasmania. Wade made his first-class cricket debut for Tasmania in 2006, and his One Day International (ODI) debut for Australia in 2011. He is a specialist batsman and wicket-keeper.
Wade has had a successful career in cricket, winning the Sheffield Shield (Australia’s domestic first-class cricket competition) with Tasmania in 2006-07, and the Indian Premier League (IPL) with the Mumbai Indians in 2013. He was also a part of the Australian team that won the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
Wade has been a regular member of the Australian Test and ODI teams since 2012, and is widely regarded as one of the best wicket-keepers in the world. He has scored over 3,000 runs in first-class cricket, and over 1,000 runs in ODI cricket.
2. Matthew Wade: The family man
Matthew Wade is known for his cricketing abilities, but he is also a family man. He is married to and has three children with Elissa Wade. The couple met in high school and have been together ever since. They are a tight-knit family and support each other through everything. Wade is a stay-at-home dad when he’s not playing cricket, and he enjoys spending time with his kids. They love going on adventures and spending time outdoors. Wade is a great dad and husband and is known for his sense of humor. He is a role model to many and is loved by his family and fans alike.
3. Matthew Wade: Domestic Career highlights
Matthew Wade has had a successful domestic career, highlighted by winning the Sheffield Shield with Victoria in both 2008/09 and 2010/11. He also won the Ford Ranger Cup with Victoria in 2006/07. Wade was also selected in the Australian team for the 2009 Ashes tour, but did not play a Test. He made his Test debut against Pakistan in November 2011.
4. Matthew Wade: ICC International Career highlights
– In 2012, Matthew Wade was appointed captain of the Australian T20I team.
– In 2015, Wade was appointed captain of the Australian One Day International team.
– In 2016, Wade was appointed captain of the Australian Test team.
– In 2017, Wade scored his first Test century, against Pakistan in Sydney.
– In 2018, Wade was dropped from the Australian Test team, after losing his spot to Tim Paine.
5. Matthew Wade: IPL Career highlights
– Matthew Wade has played in the IPL for the following teams: Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, and Deccan Chargers
– In 2012, Wade was bought by the Mumbai Indians for $100,000
– In the 2013 IPL season, Wade played for the Chennai Super Kings and scored 191 runs at an average of 38.20
– In the 2014 IPL season, Wade played for the Deccan Chargers and scored 151 runs at an average of 37.75.
6. Matthew Wade: Achievements
Matthew Wade has had a successful cricket career, highlighted by the following achievements:
• He was selected for Australia’s squad for the 2012 ICC World Twenty20.
• Wade was the leading run-scorer for the Melbourne Renegades in the 2013–14 Big Bash League season.
• He was the wicket-keeper for the Hobart Hurricanes in the 2016–17 Big Bash League season.
• Wade was the captain of the Melbourne Renegades in the 2017–18 Big Bash League season.
• He was selected for the Australian Test squad for the 2018 series against Pakistan.
• He was the leading run-scorer for the Melbourne Renegades in the 2018–19 Big Bash League season.
• He was the wicket-keeper for the Australian cricket team in the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
7. Matthew Wade : The philanthropist
Matthew Wade has given millions of dollars to charities over the years. He has supported many different causes, including cancer research, children’s hospitals, and animal welfare organizations. He is a very generous person, and he is always willing to help those in need.
Matthew Wade is a kind and compassionate individual, and he has made a huge difference in the world. He is a role model for all of us, and he is an inspiration to all who know him. Thank you, Matthew Wade, for your dedication to charity and your commitment to making the world a better place.