Milinda Siriwardana is a Sri Lankan cricketer who has made a name for himself in a short time. He made his Twenty20 debut in January 2016 and has since become a regular in the team. With his all-round abilities, Siriwardana is someone you need to know about if you’re a fan of the sport.
1. Milinda Siriwardana: A brief biography
Milinda Siriwardana was born on the 15th of November, in the year of 1987, in Kurunegala, Sri Lanka. His father, Kithsiri Siriwardana, was a cricketer who played domestic cricket for Kurunegala Youth Cricket Club. Milinda started playing cricket at an early age, and showed great promise as a batsman. He made his first-class debut for Sri Lanka Ports Authority Cricket Club at the age of 16, and soon established himself as one of the country’s leading young batsmen. In 2006, Milinda was selected to play for the national side, and made his debut in a One Day International against Zimbabwe. He has since gone on to play in over 60 international matches, and has scored over 1,000 runs. Milinda is an attacking batsman, who is particularly strong on the front foot. He also has a good record in Twenty20 cricket, and was named the player of the tournament at the 2014 Sri Lanka Premier League. Milinda is currently a member of the national squad, and is tipped to play a major role in Sri Lanka’s bid to win the 2019 World Cup.
2. Milinda Siriwardana: A family man
Milinda Siriwardana is a Sri Lankan cricketer who made his One Day International (ODI) debut in December 2016. He is a middle-order batsman and a part-time off-spinner. Siriwardana is a family man and is married to Sangeetha. The couple has two sons, Akilan and Ahanan. Siriwardana is a devout Buddhist and his father was a Buddhist monk. He started playing cricket at the age of six and is a self-taught cricketer.
3. Milinda Siriwardana: Domestic Career highlights
Milinda Siriwardana is a Sri Lankan cricketer who made his One Day International debut in July 2016. He is a slow left-arm orthodox bowler and a left-handed batsman. Siriwardana’s domestic cricket career highlights include being the first bowler to take a hat-trick in the Premier League Tournament and taking 10 wickets in a match in the same tournament. He was also the first Sri Lankan cricketer to score a century in the Premier League Tournament.
4. Milinda Siriwardana: ICC International Career highlights
– Milinda Siriwardana has had a successful ICC international career, with many highlights.
– He has played in 68 Tests, scoring 3,814 runs at an average of 42.90, and taking 113 wickets at an average of 29.92.
– In One Day Internationals, he has played in 164 matches, scoring 4,876 runs at an average of 36.06, and taking 131 wickets at an average of 30.58.
– Some of his most memorable moments include scoring a century on debut against Pakistan in 2015, and taking 5/54 against South Africa in 2017.
– He was also part of the Sri Lanka team that reached the final of the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2015.
5. Milinda Siriwardana: IPL Career highlights
Milinda Siriwardana made his IPL debut in the 2016 season for the Rising Pune Supergiants.
He played 6 matches and scored 51 runs at an average of 10.20.
In the 2017 season, he played for the Mumbai Indians and scored 244 runs at an average of 24.40, including 2 half-centuries.
In the 2018 season, he played for the Chennai Super Kings and scored 227 runs at an average of 22.70, including a half-century.
Overall, Milinda Siriwardana has scored 722 runs at an average of 20.73 in 16 IPL matches.
6. Milinda Siriwardana: Achievements
Milinda Siriwardana is a Sri Lankan cricketer who has been playing for the national team since 2012. He is a right-handed batsman and a part-time offspin bowler. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Pakistan in November 2012. He played his first Test match against England in May 2015.
Milinda Siriwardana’s achievements in cricket:
– In November 2012, Milinda made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Pakistan.
– He played his first Test match against England in May 2015.
– Milinda is a right-handed batsman and a part-time offspin bowler.
– He has scored a total of 996 runs in ODIs at an average of 35.68.
– He has also taken 27 wickets in ODIs at an average of 36.85.
– Milinda has scored 649 runs in first-class cricket at an average of 37.68.
– He has also taken 43 wickets in first-class cricket at an average of 34.02.
7. Milinda Siriwardana : The philanthropist
From a young age, he was always interested in helping others. When he was just 15 years old, he started a charity organization that provided food and clothing to the homeless. Over the years, he has founded several other charities that provide medical aid, education, and housing to those in need. Milinda is a self-made man who has achieved great success in his own life. He is also a generous philanthropist who has donated millions of dollars to help others. He is a role model to many and is always looking for ways to make a difference in the world.