Regis Chakabva is a Zimbabwean cricketer who made his One Day International debut for Zimbabwe in October 2014. He is a middle order batsman and a part time off spinner. Here are some facts about Regis Chakabva you may not know.
1. Regis Chakabva: A brief biography
Regis Chakabva was born in Harare, Zimbabwe on 20 September 1987. He excelled in cricket while attending St. John’s College, and was drafted into the Zimbabwean national cricket team in 2007. Chakabva has played in all three formats of the game: Test, One Day International (ODI), and Twenty20 International (T20I). He is an aggressive batsman and a wicketkeeper, and has been an important player for the Zimbabwean cricket team.
2. Regis Chakabva: The family man
Regis Chakabva is a family man. He is married to Rumbidzai, and they have two children, a son and a daughter. Chakabva loves his family and is always there for them. He is a hard worker and provides for his family. He is also a good father and husband. Chakabva is a good role model for his children. They look up to him and are proud of him. Rumbidzai is also very supportive of her husband. She is a good wife and mother. The whole family is close-knit and loves spending time together. They are a happy family and are blessed to have each other.
3. Regis Chakabva: Domestic Career highlights
Regis Chakabva is a Zimbabwean cricketer who has represented his country in both One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is). He is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm off-break bowler.
Chakabva made his international debut for Zimbabwe in an ODI against Pakistan in August 2010. He scored a century on his first-class debut for Manicaland in November 2007, and was included in the Zimbabwean squad for the 2011 Cricket World Cup. He made his T20I debut in July 2010.
In March 2018, Chakabva was named in Zimbabwe’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
4. Regis Chakabva: ICC International Career highlights
– Regis Chakabva has represented Zimbabwe in international cricket since 2009
– He has played in all three formats of the game
– Chakabva has been a regular in the Zimbabwe ODI and T20I teams
– He has also played in the English County Championship
– Chakabva was awarded the ICC Emerging Player of the Year in 2013
– He was also named in the ICC World T20I XI in 2016
– Regis Chakabva’s most notable international cricketing highlight is his century against India in a T20I match in 2016.
5. Regis Chakabva: IPL Career highlights
– Regis Chakabva played for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL from 2010 to 2013.
– He made his IPL debut in 2010 and played a total of 15 matches for the Super Kings.
– Chakabva scored 102 runs in the IPL, with a best score of 41 not out.
– He took 5 catches and 2 wickets in the IPL.
– Chakabva was released by the Chennai Super Kings in 2013.
– He then played for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL in 2014.
– Chakabva played 4 matches for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL, scoring 47 runs with a best score of 23 not out.
– He took 2 catches in the IPL.
– Chakabva was released by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2014.
– He then played for the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL in 2015.
– Chakabva played 5 matches for the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL, scoring 97 runs with a best score of 41 not out.
– He took 3 catches in the IPL.
– Chakabva was released by the Delhi Daredevils in 2015.
– He then played for the Zimbabwean team in the 2016 ICC World T20.
– Chakabva played in 5 matches for Zimbabwe in the World T20, scoring 103 runs with a best score of 48 not out.
– He took 2 catches in the World T20.
– Chakabva was released by Zimbabwe in 2016.
– He is currently a free agent.
6. Regis Chakabva: Achievements
Regis Chakabva, Zimbabwe’s cricket captain, has achieved a lot in his career. He has led Zimbabwe to some memorable victories, and has been an important player for the team. Here are some of his major achievements:
– Led Zimbabwe to victory against Ireland in an ODI in 2016
– Captained Zimbabwe to a win over Sri Lanka in a T20 in 2017
– Was the Man of the Match in the final of the 2018 ICC World Cup Qualifier, which helped Zimbabwe secure their place in the World Cup
– Scored his maiden Test century against Bangladesh in 2017
– Has taken over 100 wickets in ODIs and Tests.
7. Regis Chakabva : The philanthropist
Regis Chakabva is a philanthropist who has dedicated his life to helping others. He has founded several charities that provide food, shelter, and other essential services to those in need. He is a selfless man who cares more about helping others than he does about himself. He is a role model for all who know him, and he is someone who truly makes a difference in the world.