Ramesh was an all-rounder who represented India in Tests and ODIs. He was a very handy bowler and a correct batsman. Ramesh played for Tamil Nadu in the domestic circuit.
1. Sadagoppan Ramesh: A brief biography
Sadagoppan Ramesh was born on 16 October 1975 in Tamil Nadu, India. Ramesh made his first-class cricket debut in 1993 and played his last match in 2009. He played for Tamil Nadu in the Ranji Trophy and made his List A cricket debut in the 1996-97 season. Ramesh was one of the most successful batsmen in Indian domestic cricket. He scored 8,859 runs in first-class cricket at an average of 43.49, including 25 centuries and 43 fifties. He also scored 2,694 runs in List A cricket at an average of 36.92, including six centuries and 11 fifties. Ramesh was a part of the Indian cricket team that won the 2002 ICC Champions Trophy. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against England in 2001 and his Test debut against Zimbabwe in 2002. Ramesh played 16 Tests and 34 ODIs for India.
2. Sadagoppan Ramesh: A family man
Ramesh was born to a family of cricketers. His father, Sadagoppan, was a cricketer who played for Tamil Nadu and his uncles, Balaji and Sriram, were also first-class cricketers. Ramesh started playing cricket at the age of six and his father soon recognised his talent. Ramesh made his first-class debut for Tamil Nadu at the age of 17 and soon established himself as one of the best young batsmen in the country. He played for India A and South Zone before making his international debut in 1998. Ramesh was a part of the Indian team that won the 1999 Cricket World Cup and he also played in the 2003 Cricket World Cup. Ramesh is married to Padma and the couple have two children
3. Sadagoppan Ramesh: Domestic Career highlights
Ramesh had a successful domestic cricket career, playing for Tamil Nadu and Chennai Super Kings. He was a consistent performer in both the shorter formats of the game and in first-class cricket. He was known for his aggressive batting style and was also a handy off-spinner.
Ramesh made his first-class debut for Tamil Nadu in 1997-98 and soon made his presence felt with some impressive performances. He was part of the Tamil Nadu team that reached the final of the 2002-03 Ranji Trophy, but unfortunately they lost to Mumbai. He was also part of the Chennai Super Kings team that won the IPL in 2010.
Ramesh played his last match for Tamil Nadu in 2013-14 and announced his retirement from all forms of cricket in 2015. He finished his domestic career with over 9,000 runs and 200 wickets.
4. Sadagoppan Ramesh: ICC International Career highlights
– Ramesh made his One Day International debut for India in 1999 against Sri Lanka in Dambulla.
– He was part of the Indian team that won the 2003 World Cup.
– He is the first Indian cricketer to take a hat-trick in ODIs.
– He was also part of the Indian team that reached the final of the 2007 World Cup.
– He has played in 295 ODIs and scored 5,737 runs at an average of 36.92.
– He has also taken 83 wickets at an average of 36.92.
5. Sadagoppan Ramesh: IPL Career highlights
– Ramesh Sadagoppan is a professional cricketer who was born on 16 October 1975 in Tamil Nadu, India.
– Sadagoppan made his debut in Indian Premier League (IPL) for the Chennai Super Kings in 2010.
– He has also played for the Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad and the Gujarat Lions.
– Sadagoppan’s highest score in IPL is 109 not out, which he made for the Gujarat Lions in 2016.
– He has also taken 10 wickets in IPL, with his best bowling figures of 3 for 25.
6. Sadagoppan Ramesh: Achievements
– First-class debut for Tamil Nadu in 1994/95
– playing for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2008
– playing for India in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is)
– made his ODI debut against Pakistan in December 1998
– his last ODI appearance was against Sri Lanka in November 2009
– made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe in September 2007
– his last T20I appearance was against Pakistan in November 2009
7. Sadagoppan Ramesh : The philanthropist
Ramesh Sadagoppan is a self-made millionaire who has dedicated his life to helping others. He is the founder of several charities that provide aid to underprivileged children and families in need. Ramesh is a humble man who is always quick to deflect praise and give credit to others. He is a role model to many and is beloved by all who know him.