Here is that time of the year when the frosty weather makes you crave some warm delicious food. When it is cold and gray outside and all you want out of a meal is some warmth, sustenance, and comfort. That’s when you turn to soup. There is practically a soup for every flavor and pantry out there. The various types of soup are not just satisfying but also full of health benefits. In other words, soups don’t just soothe your soul but also enable you to stay fit. They are super easy to prepare. So, if you are warding off the winter chill or looking for a light and easy comfort meal, a bowl of soup is always convenient.
Whether you are looking for a weeknight dinner or preparing to host your friends and cooking a meal to serve them, it’s important to make warm, winter dishes that don’t always pack on the calories. No matter what your flavor preference is, you can make a quick, delicious soup, sticking to your healthy lifestyle. Here we have some of the best and easy-to-make recipes of soup. Make sure to make this the coziest winter with these delicious hearty soup recipes.
1. Tomato-Quinoa soup
In just 15 minutes, you can have a bowl of hot, homemade soup. The protein-packed quinoa is a perfect addition to this meatless soup.
· Red\ white quinoa
· Butter, 2tbsp
· Olive oil,1tbsp
· Clove garlic
· Fennel seeds
· Peeled tomatoes
· Chicken\vegetable broth
· ½ tsp crushed red pepper
· Roasted pumpkin seeds
· Ø Cook quinoa
· Ø In a saucepan, heat butter and olive oil on medium flame. Then add garlic and the fennel seeds. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add the broth and the broth. Heat to simmering on high. Then with a blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Reheat soup if necessary.
· Ø In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, pumpkin seeds, and red pepper.
· Ø Serve the soup hot topped with quinoa mixture.
2. Mixed vegetable soup
This recipe is an extension of the popular veg clear soup and has a similar texture, taste, and flavor to it. It is an ideal meal starter or appetizer recipe which can also be served as a complete meal for lunch and dinner.
· Chopped spring onion
· Chopped carrots
· Sweet corn kernels
· ¼ tsp Black pepper
· 2tbsp cornflour
· ½ oil \ butter
· Vegetable stock
· Salt to taste
· Ø Add the cornflour in a small bowl
· Ø Add 3 tbsp water to it
· Ø Heat the oil or butter in a stockpot on a medium flame and then add the chopped onion and garlic.
· Ø After 2-3 minutes add the other chopped veggies to it. Stir for about 4 minutes
· Ø Add 3 cups of water or the vegetable stock, stir well. Then add salt to taste. Add the black pepper and the cornstarch mixture to prevent lump formation. You can also add vinegar to the soup at this stage.
· Ø Now transfer the soup to the serving bowl.
3. Chicken and wild rice soup
This recipe will enable you to improvise or elevate the taste. This is a lovely recipe that you must try this season.
· 4 tbsp butter
· 3 celery ribs
· Carrots finely chopped
· Medium-sized onion
· Clove garlic
· Salt to taste
· All-purpose flour
· Wild rice
· Chicken stock
· Roasted chicken
· Heavy cream
· Ø Add butter in a saucepan.
· Ø To this add some garlic, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook in a medium flame for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
· Ø Then sprinkle the flour and cook until the veggies are red-brown in color
· Ø Add the wild rice to the pan and gradually stir in the stock and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer
· over moderately low heat for 15 minutes.
· Ø Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls.
4. Chunky sweet potato soup
Sweet potatoes are one of our Super Carb Diet superstars. These carbs are crazy-flavorful and chock-
full of filling fiber and immune-boosting antioxidants. So, when added to a dish, like a soup, it will leave you feeling satisfied for a considerable time.
· 2tbsp olive oil
· 1 medium onion
· Clove garlic
· 1tsp ground cumin1 ground cinnamon
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Vegetable broth
· 2lb sweet potatoes
· 1 lime
· Packed fresh cilantro leaves
Ø In 5-6 quart saucepot, heat oil, and then add onion and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
Ø Stir in garlic, cumin, cinnamon, and salt.
Ø Then add broth, the sweet potatoes, water, and black pepper to taste
Ø At this point, heat to boiling on high; reduce heat to medium, simmer 15 minutes.
Ø Transfer 3 cups of soup to a blender. Puree until smooth; return to pot.
Ø Then stir in ½ tsp salt and garnish with cilantro leaves and lime.
Modify your recipes according to your tastes. There is always a possibility that many of you are vegan. So, there is no scope for you to feel distressed if you are tempted towards the recipe of chicken soups. You can always replace the chicken with your favorite veggies. This will obviously enhance the taste of your soup. Making soup is almost as comforting as eating it. To make a delicious soup, you have to build flavors as you go. Vegetables like onion, garlic, carrots, and all your favorites add to the taste. And when it comes to making clear brothy soups, the stock that you use is the most important ingredient. Needless to say, ingredients like salt, pepper paprika always amplify the taste of your soup. Therefore, now you know the secrets to make your soup the best of all.
Thus, this winter treat yourself with the healthiest and at the same time delicious soup to keep yourself warm.
When the weather is frosty and chilly, it can be very challenging to eat as many greens as you did over the summer. Salads don’t sound as comforting as a warm bowl of soup when your hands and feet are freezing.
This winter you must try the aforementioned recipes of soup that not only tastes delicious but also helps you stay fit and healthy. The wealth of ingredients in a bowl of soup gives you an honest balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats and also the required vitamins and minerals to stay energetic all day long.