Hanuma Vihari is an Indian cricketer who made his debut for the Indian cricket team in Test cricket on 3 September 2018. He is a right-handed batsman and occasional off spin bowler.
1. Hanuma Vihari: A brief biography
Hanuma Vihari was born on 13th of October, 1993 in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. He started playing cricket at the age of 10 and was picked for the state Under-16 team a year later. He made his first-class debut in 2011 and his Ranji Trophy debut in 2012.
Vihari made his international debut for India in the 2018 Test series against England. He made a century in the first innings of the fifth Test at The Oval and was named the man of the match.
2. Hanuma Vihari: The family man
His father, D. Venkat Rao, was an engineer in the Indian Railways, while his mother, S. Vijaya Lakshmi, was a home-maker. From a young age, Vihari showed great aptitude for cricket and was coached by his father. He started playing competitive cricket at the age of 10 and soon made a name for himself in the Hyderabad cricket circuit.
Vihari made his first-class debut for Hyderabad in November 2012 at the age of 18. He scored a century on debut and went on to score three more centuries in his debut season. His performances in the Ranji Trophy caught the attention of the national selectors and he was picked for the India A team. He made his debut for India A in February 2013 and scored a century.
Vihari continued to impress in domestic cricket and was selected for the India squad for the England tour in 2018. He made his Test debut at the age of 23 and scored a half-century. He followed it up with a century in the next Test match, becoming the first Indian cricketer to score a century in each of his first two Tests.
Vihari is a versatile batsman and can play in all the batting positions. He is also an excellent fielder and a part-time off-spinner. He is a family man and is married to Sravani. The couple has a daughter, Aaradhya.
3. Hanuma Vihari: Domestic Career highlights
Hanuma Vihari burst onto the domestic scene during the 2013-14 season, scoring heavily for Andhra Pradesh in both the Ranji Trophy and the Duleep Trophy. His innings of 190 against Hyderabad in the Ranji Trophy semifinal was particularly eye-catching, and helped Andhra to a famous victory. The following season, Vihari continued his good form, scoring 839 runs in 9 matches at an average of 104.12, including three centuries.
Vihari’s excellent domestic form earned him a call-up to the Indian team for the tour of England in 2018. He made his Test debut at the age of 26, and scored a century on debut. Vihari’s innings of 95 in the first innings helped India to set a competitive total, and they eventually won the match by an innings and 159 runs.
4. Hanuma Vihari: ICC International Career highlights
– Debuted for India in Tests in 2018
– Played in all three formats for India
– Selected for ICC World Cup 2019
– Made a fifty in his first innings in Tests
– Part of the squad that won the 2018 Test Series in Australia
– Scored a century in his first innings in ODIs
– Played a key role in India’s victory in the 2018 Asia Cup
– Averaged over 50 in Tests in 2018
– Averaged over 45 in ODIs in 2018.
5. Hanuma Vihari: IPL Career highlights
– Hanuma Vihari’s IPL career began in 2013 with the Sunrisers Hyderabad
– He was bought by the Delhi Daredevils in the 2014 auction
– Vihari was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2015 auction
– He was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2016 auction
– He was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2017 auction
– He was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2018 auction
– He was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2019 auction.
6. Hanuma Vihari: Achievements
Hanuma Vihari has had a great year in cricket, with some excellent performances. Let’s take a look at some of his achievements in bullet points:
– Vihari scored a century on his Test debut against England in December 2018.
– He was the fifth Indian batsman to score a century on debut in England.
– He also scored a century in the first innings of his ODI debut against West Indies in October 2018.
– In December 2018, he was named the ICC Emerging Player of the Year.
– He was also named in the ICC Test Team of the Year for 2018.
It has been an amazing year for Hanuma Vihari, and there is no doubt that he is one of the most promising young cricketers in the world.
7. Hanuma Vihari : The philanthropist
Hanuma Vihari, the philanthropist, is a well-known personality in the city. He is known for his kind heart and helping nature. He has helped many people in the city, both financially and emotionally. He is always willing to go out of his way to help others.
One day, a poor woman came to him for help. She was homeless and had no food or money. Hanuma Vihari immediately took her home and provided her with food and shelter. He also gave her some money so that she could buy some basic necessities. The woman was very grateful to him and thanked him for his help.
Hanuma Vihari is a kind-hearted man who always puts others first. He is truly a philanthropist.