A collection of famous quotes that have been shared throughout history. Whether it’s a quote that inspires you, makes you laugh, or just puts into perspective what life is really about, these quotes will get you thinking about your own life and the choices you make.
Success is not a destination, it’s a journey
There are many quotes about the journey to success and perseverance, but here are some of my favorite quotes from some of the most famous people.
You can’t control what other people think about you, but you can always control how you react to them
If you need to know what it means to have a successful career or life, these most famous quotes will help you determine what it takes for you to achieve your goals.
- Henry Ford – “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.”
- Coco Chanel – “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.”
- Colin Powell – “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”
- Thomas Jefferson- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.”
- Oprah Winfrey – “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
- Tim Notke- “Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.”
- Dale Carnegie- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
- Jeff Bezos-“Work hard, have fun, make history.”
- Sophocles-“Without labor, nothing prospers.”
- Emily Chang-“Great companies are built in the office, with hard work put in by a team.”
- Sam Walton-“If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you – like a fever. “
- Margaret Thatcher-“What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.”
- Booker T. Washington-“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.”
- Alexander Graham Bell-“The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action.”
- Stephen King-“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is hard work.”
- Ralph Lauren-“A lot of hard work is hidden behind nice things.”
- Margaret Mead-“I learned the value of hard work by working hard.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt-“I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday. ”Dwayne – “The Rock”
- Johnson-“Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.”
Hard work will never hurt anyone
Hard work will never hurt anyone. When people say hard work is in vain, they are saying that it does not have a positive outcome. Hard work can have many positive outcomes for you. It will help you grow and reach your potential.
The most successful people in the world are those who have spent their whole lives developing themselves
“No one goes to the top without hard work and determination.” – President John F. Kennedy “If you want something, go get it.” – Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Success isn’t given…you just have to take it
The above quote by Ayn Rand is a powerful one. It implies that success (any success) isn’t given to you, it has to be taken. This is also a reminder to us all not to give up on our dreams, as struggles and hardships are inevitable in the beginning of any successful endeavor.